What is Kybella®?
Kybella® is the only treatment for destroying fat cells under the chin that is FDA-approved. It is administered by a Kybella®-trained healthcare specialist at Juvanew Medspa.
Numerous small injections will be administered underneath your chin. The process takes between 15 and 20 minutes. The exact number of injections needed depends on your desired profile and the amount of fat under your chin.
So, how does Kybella® work? Synthetic deoxycholic acid is the active ingredient in Kybella®. This is a molecule that naturally occurs in the body, aiding in breaking down dietary fat and absorbing it.
When the practitioner injects Kybella® into the fat under the chin, it destroys the fat cells, causing the chin’s fullness to reduce considerably.
These fat cells cannot accumulate or store fat once they have been destroyed, meaning you won’t need further treatment.
Benefits of Kybella®
There are many different reasons why Kybella® is highly recommended for double chin reduction. This includes the following:
- It is minimally-invasive – One of the main reasons Kybella® is so popular is because it’s a non-surgical treatment. You can achieve the appearance and profile you want with simple injections administered by a licensed and trained provider.
- Results are permanent – Unlike many other treatments whereby regular top-ups are needed, Kybella® is designed to provide lasting results. You may need two or three treatments to ensure all of the fat cells are targeted, yet once the fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good.
- Little to no downtime – After you have received your double chin reduction treatment, you can go back to your everyday activities. Although there could be some minor, temporary effects, they will only last for a short period.
- Fast and easy – The treatment is quick, tending to last between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on the number of injections you need.
- Impressive results – If you look at some of our before and after photos for this treatment, you will see the fantastic results Kybella® provides.