How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?
In a laser tattoo removal treatment, the laser is used to disrupt the ink pigment that is embedded in the skin. At Juvanew Medspa, we use The Fotona QX Max laser to complete the removal process. The Fotona QX Max uses highly concentrated pulses of energy that are absorbed by the pigment in the tattoo. The pigments are then broken down into tiny particles. This ink is then safely absorbed by the body and flushed away by the body’s own natural lymphatic system. These pigments then fade and disappear over time. Due to the variety of inks that are used in tattoos, the number of treatments will vary by patient and tattoo. Many people see results in as little as two treatments, but most patients need anywhere from 4 to 8 treatments to get the best results.
How Much Does Laser Tattoo Removal Cost?
As with any type of procedure, the cost of laser tattoo removal is based on several general factors. These factors include:
- The Characteristics of the Tattoo:
- The size of the tattoo. Larger tattoos will take more time to remove than smaller tattoos.
- The color of the ink. Some ink colors are more difficult to remove than others.
- The type of ink used. The quality and type of ink can influence the cost of removal.
- The age of the tattoo.
- The Expertise of the Professional Providing the Service.
This is typical of most services. If a physician performs the procedure, it can cost more than is a technician performs the procedure. Even physicians with more expertise and experience will potentially charge more than their less experienced counterparts.
- The Geographical Locations of your Provider’s Office.
The cost of living fluctuates from state to state and region to region. Because of this fact, the cost of laser tattoo removal also varies depending on the general cost of living in the area in which you live.